Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen, one of literature’s most beloved stories of love, marriage, and social mores, is now available in a fine exclusive collector’s edition featuring a laser-cut jacket on a textured book with foil stamping, making it ideal for fiction lovers and book collectors alike. Each collectible volume will be the perfect addition to any well-appointed library.
The Sense and Sensibility Seasons Edition--Fall:
- Presents Jane Austen’s beloved classic, widely regarded as a preeminent example of Romantic epistolary fiction, and after Pride and Prejudice, solidifying Austen’s place in literature’s pantheon of great writers
- Explores such important themes as the legal ramifications of love and marriage in high society, sense (rationalism) vs. sensibility (emotionalism), gender roles in the eighteenth century, and the deleterious effects of wealth and greed on relationships
- Is ideal for special-edition book collectors, fans of literary fiction and classic literature, and people who love both the book and the cinematic adaptations it inspired
Whether you’re buying this as a gift or as a self-purchase, this remarkable limited edition features:
- Beautiful hardcover with a distinctive one-of-a-kind, high-end/high-treatment laser-cut jacket, perfect for standing out on any discerning fiction-lover’s bookshelf
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Beautiful decorative interior pages featuring pull quotes distributed throughout
- An exquisite matching laser-cut bookmark
- Part of a 4-volume Fall Seasons series including Anne of Green Gables, Dracula, and Shakespeare in Autumn: Select Plays and the Complete Sonnets.
For Elinor Dashwood, sensible and sensitive, and her romantic, impetuous younger sister Marianne, the prospect of marrying the men they love appears remote. In a world ruled by money and self-interest, the Dashwood sisters have neither fortune nor connections. Concerned for others and for social proprieties, Elinor is ill-equipped to compete with self-centered fortune-hunters like Lucy Steele, while Marianne's unswerving belief in the truth of her own feelings makes her more dangerously susceptible to the designs of unscrupulous men.
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Seasons Edition--Fall) is one of four titles available in the Fall Seasons series. The Fall collection also includes Anne of Green Gables, Dracula, and Shakespeare in Autumn: Select Plays and the Complete Sonnets.