Fiction Guild Guidelines
We’d like to pass along a few important housekeeping reminders before we move into another exciting year together as a team. As always, any concerns or questions can be sent our way via our Guild FB group or email ([email protected]).
- Moving soon? Make sure to email to let us know your new mailing address. We want to make sure we are sending your treats to the right place.
- If at any point in the year, your reading tastes change or you feel that you cannot keep pace with the book reviews requests/team challenges and wish to limit the number of genre groups you’re in, just send a Facebook message or email our way! We want to make sure you’re getting the most out of the group and that we’re getting the right books in your hands.
A reminder on the Treat Box Process:
- Every Guild member signed up for different genre groups when they applied for the team. We organize our treat box mailings based on these fiction genres and the new book titles we have releasing that correspond with each.
- For example, if you told us you love Romance and Suspense, then you will be receiving Romance and Suspense treat boxes throughout the year. But, that doesn’t mean we have a Romance and Suspense treat box every month. We do have new titles releasing every month but not necessarily in every genre each time. So, keep an eye on those mailboxes – you never know when it could be your turn!
Have you noticed our Friday “Treat & Team Challenge” alerts?
- Throughout the year, we will post bonus treats and team challenges on our Facebook group page. (facebook.com/groups/TheFictionGuild)
- This activity is in addition to what we include in our monthly treat boxes. As a Guild member, you receive exclusive access to bonus content, chapter sneak peeks, and video messages from the authors in these treat posts.
- These alerts post on Fridays so make a note to drop by the group page that day. We’d hate for you to miss out!
Finally, let’s run through our Book Reviews policy:
- We hope that you’ll read, enjoy, and review all the books you receive from us! But, if you ever receive a title that is just not a good fit for you at all, no worries — you’re welcome to skip reading/reviewing that one and pass the copy along to a library, friend, or relative. We understand that not everything we send will be your cup of tea and we also want to make sure all of these books find good homes.
- We understand that life happens when you’re busy making other plans. If you’re temporarily behind on reviews for the Guild not to worry – we believe it’s better late than never! We would appreciate that you aim for the 1-2 month range of time around the book’s release date. That’s the most crucial time window to make some noise for our books & authors! If you’re having regular trouble making that schedule work, submit a post to the FB group and we can work through adjusting your Guild genre choices.
- When you do post a review, we’d ask that you please include the following note: “I received a copy of this book for free. I was not required to post a positive review and the views and opinions expressed are my own.”
- Post your book reviews to our Guild Facebook group! (facebook.com/groups/TheFictionGuild) Some of you are already doing a terrific job of this each month, but we want to see everyone join in on the fun. We LOVE hearing your thoughts on our books and which ones were special favorites for you. Plus, you’ll have the chance to engage with each other and have mini-book club discussions in the comments section. This also helps us to see that you’re actively participating and doing your part as a Guild member. Don’t worry, this Facebook group is private (for Guild-eyes only) so don’t be bashful!
*We’d respectfully ask that you don’t post reviews until you’ve finished reading the book! We want to make sure each of our titles gets a fair shake so if you’re not able to finish or just can’t ‘get into it’ by all means, move on to another title!*
Wishing everyone a gilded and gorgeous day!
—The Fiction Guild team